Let it rain!
Us Brits love to talk about the weather: how hot it is, how cold it is, whether or not it’s going to rain. Our unpredictable weather certainly keeps us on our toes! But it’s not the end of the world if the rain gets in the way of your carefully laid plans. Here are a few tips so that you are always well prepared for a wet day out.
• Invest in good quality wet weather gear – a light but waterproof jacket with an adjustable hood, waterproof trousers and waterproof boots are a must. And you can find good value options in Decathlon stores or online.
• Take your wet weather gear with you, even if the forecast is dry, or keep your wet weather gear in the car so that you have it easily to hand should the weather change.
• If you’re planning an outdoor activity have a back-up plan in mind which includes an indoor option.
• Keep plastic bags in the car for muddy footwear or wet clothes.
• Take a towel in the car with you too for drying off or for sitting on to avoid making the seats wet.
• If you’re going on a walk and taking a map, it’s worth investing in a waterproof plastic map holder so that you can keep your map to hand without it getting wet.
And you should be all set - as it’s often said, there’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear!